Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fantastic LR 2.0 Tip -Workflow-

Going trough my Photo related RSS feeds I bumped into one that caught my eye and wanted to share. This guy develops different presets for LR. I haven't read his profile in detail but seems pretty knowledgeable, more than me anyway. His suggestion on workflow seems a very simple approach to leverage the new smart collections functionality in LR2. Give it a shot, I have been using it for the last day or so and it really simplifies the workflow process, leveraging more of the tool and less on my memory. Probably every digital darkroom workflow isMy Workflow
different but I think this provides a good head start, you can customize your collections and smart collections to suit your flow. I have taken a screen shot of my smart collections folder and the link to the source collection that creates the folders is here. Read his entire post and will shed more light on this. All resides on the concept of a dummy collection (0.0) where the pool of your work needs to transferred. After this the rest of the smart collections work his magic. The only thing you need to do is import the catalog with the single picture he has (you can delete that later).
Any questions, leave a comment!
Enjoy

0 comments:

Places I've shot in