Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pantone Huey Pro Problems

I am certainly not an expert on Color Management, I just knew that it was needed in order to ensure that what appears on your monitor is the same or very close to what you will get on a print out in terms of colors and tones. I bought the Pantone Huey Pro around 7 months ago, back then Amazon.com and other photo sites had good reviews regarding this product. Well after a few months I started seeing some problems with a reddish color and bad calibrations. So looking at the Pantone website there is a current known issue with this specific product. Look at the details here on their support website. I created a support request from them, they do require some information such as your video card, monitor and the Pantone Serial Number. You can get that by downloading their little application here. They replied in less than 24 hours letting me know that due to some issues they couldnt send me the exact same replacement but they offered me to sending me at no cost their pro-solution X-Rite Eye-One Display2. I should be getting it today. So for all of you that have this product be advised if you start seeing some weird behavior.

1 comments:

gerardov said...

You mean the Pantone Huey Pro. Yeap, I actually saw the same problem but early when I got it, I got the iDisplay2 (which rocks), but the Huey had some nice things like the constant ambien light measurement and the size. Funny thing is that my Huey Pro started to work fine before I received the iDisplay Pro, but I don't trust it anymore. It took me some time to get the replacement from Pantone though, but seems like they are now well aware of the problems and the replacement you get is really really good, so good on their customer service (even though I had to go over and over to them for almost a month, they always were helpful and keeping me updated)

Places I've shot in